Thursday, July 30, 2009

Studying for the SAT(math part)?

I'm really bad at math.I took the PSAT and I scored VERY low on math sections excluding Algebra I which I did decent on and i've always had C average in my math classes.I'm a AP student with a decent GPA... but math has ALWAYS been hard for me.How long should I study per day knowing my situation?I'm planning on taking the SAT in the spring.

Studying for the SAT(math part)?
do anything that stimulates problem solving. this can be a few games of chess, reviewing math from class, taking practice tests, and eating brain foods. be sure to get 8 hours of sleep. also, read up on all those tips and tricks for taking tests themselves, thats half the battle.
Reply:I find the best way to study for the math SAT's is to do as many papers as you can from the SAT practise books for say 2 to 3 hours a day now and maybe 5 hours a day when your'e getting closer to the test date. I found the practise test to be pretty similar to the actual test. Also make sure when you are about a month or so from the test you start timing yourself cause I remember I hadn't answered two questions when my time was up and that stopped me from getting a full score in math.


No comments:

Post a Comment