Thursday, July 30, 2009

I need study tips for Math?...?

I got a low C on my first math exam, but this isn't the 1st time I've taken this course. This is the 3rd time. I withdrew last time and before that I passed with a D, but my college a D might be a credit, but it doesn't transfer. I did do my home work, was a little so on starting it, but got it done. I haven't missed a class yet. Also I did the practice exam and did pretty good.But when it came to the real deal, it didn't work out as I had hoped. Any tips on become a better math student?...*Most of the stuff I'm familiar with, but vaugely. I guess this was a wake-up call. I am going to try and step up my game. Any helpful hints would be great! *Don't be an as s either!

I need study tips for Math?...?
When you did the practice exam, did you allow yourself to check formulas in your notes or book as you went along, or did you make yourself take it like it was a real test? If you do the practice test like a real test and then when you grade it, be harsh (if it isn't exactly right, don't say to yourself "oh that's what I meant" and then give yourself credit for it). That will give you an idea of what you need to work on. Make sure you rework any problems you missed and study the process (not the answers).





I used to carry around index cards with formulas or theorems I was trying to memorize and pull them out any time I had to stand in line for anything. Once I thought I knew them, I would find a friend to quiz me over them, and again, not give myself credit unless it was exactly right.





Make sure you do your homework and if you still don't feel comfortable with that type of problem, there are usually more problems in the book than were assigned, so you can practice until you feel confident. If you still can't figure it out, find a time the teacher is available to answer questions.





Before a test it is usually a good idea to try at least one problem from each section that will be covered on the test to be sure you remember it. If you get it right with no problems, move on. If you find it hard, work another until it comes more easily.
Reply:LOL, You and Math, Math and I! I hate the subject but I got through it and now I can't get enough (call me crazy!) I did all my course work, but what I did a week before my exam is go over all that I did up until exam day. The problem that I found with math was, it's a last minute subject that needs a fresh study. In other words, everything must stay fresh in order for it to stick. So study all the way up to the exam and you'll be fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment