Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Grade 11 Math University or University/College?

I'm currently selecting my electives for my 11th year, and I'm stumped on whether if I should take University leveled Math or U/C. I know the major difference between the two is that University is harder, and works at a much faster pace so that they may get through to the 4th Unit, while the other course only concentrates on 3 Units.





I really enjoy Math, and I seemed to have done well this year, on my mid terms I received an 86, and 92 on my finals. But this year it was easy because we mainly focused on Algebra and thats my strongest area in Math, but I'm weak at the visuals such as Geometry and a little bit of Trigonometry.





I don't really need Math but I want to keep myself open, should I take the risk to take University all the way through or not even bother at the attempt?





Also, take into consideration that my 9th year Math grade was a 72..





I also come from Canada, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Grade 11 Math University or University/College?
You will be fine if you take University math. I assume you came somewhere from Europe so your math skills gained there should help you until Grade 12. But Grade 11 could be a bit different and harder from Grade 10. I had a 90 in Grade 10 and in Grade 11 I could only get 85.
Reply:Well, if you are done with your basic math, and if you want to take the extra challenge, and is not going to hold you back, then go for it.





By the way, the statement above is not well put together, I did it on purpose. I hope you get an introduction on logical design so you can see what I am talking about.

sp

No comments:

Post a Comment