Thursday, July 30, 2009

How bad will a "C" effect my chances of being admitted to a college?

Before you all say it, I know that every college is different and all, but, it would really help me if I could hear some kind of advice other than "that depends".





So here's my story: I'm 17 years old, I am a junior in highschool and I plan on going to college. I would like to major in sociology. It is my passion and studying it on a higher level would mean the world to me. The only problem is that I really suck at math. I pass with C's but I'm not sure if that's "college caliber". In all of my other classes I get A's and an occassional B. My grades go like this:





A.P. American History and Government: I average a 90


In A.P. English 3: I average an 85


In chemistry: I average a 95


In Law: I average a 95


In Foreign Language: a 95


In Algebra 2: I average a 73! :(


I have not taken the SAT yet so I don't know how well I would do. I have a 3.5 GPA. That C is making me kind of nervous.





Any help or advice would do me good. Thanks.

How bad will a "C" effect my chances of being admitted to a college?
When I was in HS I failed a class and overall barely averaged an A (89.7). On the SAT I made a 680 math, 550 Reading, and 520 writing. I averaged 25 on ACT. I ended up at the Georgia Institute of Technology, a very respectable university. I never took AP classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment