Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have math class tomorrow (yes, on a saturday) and the teacher just sucks.?

I had a teacher who was really nice, but she went somewhere without telling us (about 7 students in the class) and left us with a mean hard teacher. She's meaner to me because I went to gr.8 review summer math course and she was my teacher THAT time, too. When I get something wrong, she yells at me in front of everyone, making them stare. I really hate my math class, and Saturday is the only day of math8....well theres one in the morning with a nice teacher but my mom is not a morning person. I think that my tutor center isn't even helping me (i've been in it for 4 years and all I got in school for math is Bs and C+s). A lot of my friends who used to go to the tutor quit because it wasn't working for them, but I have a cousin who made it to UBC, because her "secret" is "go to that tutor center, it rocks!" so here I am, and my mom said, "If she recommends it, then it must be good." I even tried skipping one class before, but my guilt stopped me. What do I do to survive the class 2mr? ):

I have math class tomorrow (yes, on a saturday) and the teacher just sucks.?
I would just say to be as attentive as possible and not give the teacher any reason to want to lash out at you in front of the class. As a teacher myself, I don't understand why some other teachers feels it is necessary to treat students in this way, but if you still feel uncomfortable I would suggest that you speak to someone in a higher position at the school or have a chat with the teacher yourself. Good luck!
Reply:The teacher has issues, and they aren't with you. Listen to WHAT she is saying, and not HOW she is saying it. If her language is demeaning or abusive, report her to the head of the school.


No comments:

Post a Comment