Friday, July 31, 2009

I started C++ programming about 3 months ago, im bad at maths, but good at C++, will I be able to 3D program?

I am one of the best in the course at programming, but never did it before this. One mentioned that you need to be really good at math to 3D program and that being good at 2D wont really help.





Is he right, or do I have a fighting chance? I am pretty bad with math :S (Il pass/do most math, but with a good bit of effort)

I started C++ programming about 3 months ago, im bad at maths, but good at C++, will I be able to 3D program?
Math plays an important role in 3d programming you need to be some what good at geometry, and algebra. I have done 3d programming and i am currently working on a game, I have used math more then several times. 2d programing is less math related. But if you really want to make a 3d program/game feel free I'm sure if your good at c++ you can do it but it won't be easy. contact me for more help.
Reply:Yes, you can do that. But download the latest DirectX SDK for the month. Then there are tutorials, examples, and more. But it's so awful, its so long (300+MB)

sp

No comments:

Post a Comment