Saturday, May 22, 2010

How do I improve my 15 yr olds GSCE predicted Maths grade from D to C - any good UK websites?

My daughter struggles with Maths and I am unconvinced her teachers are good (she is no angel and I am sure is easily disrupted!!). Do you have any good revision websites or recommendations that I may look at and help her out? she has about 14 months to go before she takes her final GCSE maths exam (she is currently in year 10)

How do I improve my 15 yr olds GSCE predicted Maths grade from D to C - any good UK websites?
I would firstly ask her Maths teacher for a review of her behaviour in lessons. If she struggles, it is likely she has a fear of failure and opts for distraction from friends to avoid the work.





You could also ask her teacher for a copy of the syllabus (also refered to as a specification) to see what needs covering. They should also be able to provide copies of past papers for practice. Just hound your school!





I would strongly suggest purchasing a GCSE revision guide from a book shop, such as WHSmiths. Then as she finds topics difficult, you can run through example questions with her. They usually offer tips on methods.





If you also want online revision guides, I have inserted some relevant links below.
Reply:www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize


I am a teacher and find this website useful for the kids i teach....there is also skillswise onn bbc aswell


No comments:

Post a Comment