Sunday, August 2, 2009

Math problems i need help on?

Can someone please help me with these math problems please..Thanks





1. Triangle A B C is drawn with angle A measuring 57 degrees and angle C measuring 31 degrees. Triangle D E F is drawn with angle D measuring 57 degrees and angle E measuring 92 degrees. Decide whether triangle ABC and triangle DEF are similar, not similar, or cannot be determined from the given information.





A)Similar


B)Not similar


C)Cannot be determined





2. Two triangle F E I and H G I are drawn connected at point I only. Side F I is labeled x + 1. Side E I is labeled 2. Side H I is labeled x + 7. Side G I is labled 5. Angle F I E and angle H I G are vertical angles.


Given: Triangle FEI is similar to triangle HGI. Solve for side FI.





A)3


B)10


C)5


D)4





3. Triangle A B E is drawn inside the larger triangle A C D. Segment A B is 3 units. Segment B C is 5 units. Segment B E is x. Segment C D is 8. Triangle ABE is similar to triangle ACD. Solve for x.





A)2


B)4


C)3


D)Cannot be determined

Math problems i need help on?
Hi sweety. what youve got to do is say for number 1. you need to draw trianlge ABC and then draw triangle DEF.





write in the details you already know. which is that angle a is 57 degree and angle c is 31. a triangle has 180 degrees so therefore 180-75-31 means that angle b is 92!





the next part says triangle DEF d is 92 and e is 57 so you do the same 180 - 92-57 = 31 so f is 31.





that means that both triangles are the same as they both have the same angles.





does that help


No comments:

Post a Comment